ABOUT THE BOOK
This book contains learnings and knowledge compiled from mothers, young and old, first time moms, nth time moms, all moms. We asked them the question: “If you knew then, what you know now, what would you have done differently?” If you’re reading this, this means you are eager to learn, eager to prepare yourself as much as you can with the challenges coming your way as a new mom. The pointers you will get here are most applicable from pregnancy up to rearing newborns till they get to 24 months. This book can help you make better choices and informed decisions, having been equipped with these learnings and experiences. Read through, print and keep a copy, refer to it from time to time to be reminded. It may be in hindsight for the moms who have contributed to this book, but for you reading this now, it is a gift of foresight.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
The author is a mom as well. And she wishes she could have stumbled with a book like this during her first stint at motherhood. Like you, she too went ahead and read a lot of books, on pregnancy, on taking care of a newborn, on raising toddlers and kids. She connected with other moms, joined forums and groups to fast track her learning on motherhood. Overtime and through experience, she has acquired practical lessons that she wishes to share to all the other new moms like you. The author made this book as succinct, concise and direct as possible. As she knows the reader wants immediate and direct answers and pointers. The author hopes your journey into motherhood will be more enriching, now that you have taken steps to learn from those who went ahead of you.
Here’s a rundown of the chapters of the book.
I. Me Before My Baby Arrives (Pregnancy to Pre-delivery)
- Things I wish I knew about postpartum body changes so I would be prepared while still pregnant
- Things I wish I prearranged prior to heading to the hospital to give birth so I would have been more prepared-mind and body
- Things I should have started on to secure my baby’s financial future
II. Me and My Baby, and our Early Beginnings (Newborn to 12 months old)
- Things I wish I knew then that would have made me save on baby expenses
- Things I wish I knew then that would have made me more successful with breastfeeding
- Things I wish I knew so I could have had more sleep and rest while taking care of my newborn
- Things I wish I knew so I would have gone back to my pre-pregnancy weight much sooner
- Things I should have done so my marriage is further strengthened by our baby’s arrival
III. Me and My Baby – Getting the Hang of it (12 months – 24 months old)
- Things I wish I knew so that I could have eased back to work much easily
- Things I should have done so that I would not need a development pediatrician
- Things I wish I knew about handling toddlers throwing tantrums
- Things I wish I knew about feeding to avoid a picky eater toddler
- Things I wish I knew about plane travels with babies before we took that trip
How to Ace Your First Stint at Motherhood is an eBook compilation of tips and insights from moms, priced at $6.99.
Get your copy now. 🙂